Students will be able to apply electrical workplace standards and health and safety practices. They will also achieve/maintain a first aid certificate.
On successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Select and apply first aid practices and CPR suitable for the electrical trade. (2 credits)
- Identify workplace dangers and hazards and apply their controls in accordance with the current Health and Safety at Work legislation. (9 credits).
- Describe workplace ethics and cultural competence in the electrical context. (1 credit)
- Describe safe working practices in accordance with the legislative requirements for working safely in the electrical industry. (2 credits)
- Describe the scope of electrical industry Acts, Regulations, Standards, Codes, and industry governance bodies. (1 credit)
Include but not limited to:
- First Aid and CPR for the electrical workplace
- Rescuing persons in contact with electricity
- Hazards within the electrical workplace
- Workplace health and safety procedures
- Professional standards expected of electrical workers
- Electrical Health & Safety practices and procedures
- Legislation, standards, and codes of practice governing electrical workers
- Workplace documentation