Level 3, 15 Credits.
Students will apply fundamental theory and principles of magnetism and electromagnetism to AC theory. Students will safely use the tools and equipment used in an electrical workplace.
Learning OutcomesOn successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Explain the principles of magnetism and electromagnetism (2 credits).
- Explain the principles of AC generation (4 credits)
- Complete the safe isolation of AC circuits (4 credits).
- Select, maintain and safely use tools and associated equipment (5 credits)
TopicsInclude but not limited to:
- Hand and power tools used in the electrical industry
- Electrical test equipment
- Testing for isolation and electrical safety in accordance with current legislation
- Magnetism and electromagnetism principles
- Electromagnetically operated equipment
- Differences between DC and AC
- AC generation principles, terms and units
- Calculations involving AC