Level 3, 15 Credits.
Students will install, test and fault-find electrical cords, cables, and equipment.
On successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Select and install electrical cords and cables for a variety of applications. (5 credits)
- Select and install common electrical fittings for a variety of applications. (5 credits)
- Describe and diagnose common electrical faults. (5 credits)
Include but not limited to:
- Electrical cords and cable types, identification and specifications
- Cord and cable installation procedures and practices
- Electrical fittings identification and specifications
- Electrical fittings installation procedures and practices for diverse situations
- Diagnosing common electrical faults
- Using test equipment to fault find and test various electrical installations
- Legislative requirements testing installations