Level 3, 15 Credits.
Students will apply knowledge of cable and wiring systems including damp situations.
On successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Identify practices required for working safely in damp situations(3 credits).
- Install and terminate cables and flexible cords for common uses (3 credits).
- Select and install a variety of cable support systems (3 credits).
- Explain the operation of and use electronic components commonly used in the electrical trade (4 credits)
- Apply basic soldering techniques to a range of applications (2 credits).
Include but not limited to:
- Damp situations and zones
- IP ratings
- Legislative requirements for cables and cords
- Cable routing, handling and installation methods
- Termination requirements and methods including crimp lugs, terminal posts and screw terminals.
- Cable support systems
- Fire barrier regulations for cable penetration points
- Electronic components and circuits.
- Soldering safety and techniques
Note: This course has a pre-requisite of ENCE3001 which includes electrical safety because in this course students may be working on live electrical equipment.